Copyright is a concept that is used to secure original intellectual creation from getting plagiarised and result in a false claim of ownership by others. Copyright works in all aspects of creation- writing, editing, publishing, music composition, music production, lyrical composition, projects, research papers and whatnot. With the ease of technology proving a bane, in this case, piracy has become even more plausible.
Copyright laws protect the originality of an individual’s creation giving him the right to release his work without any hassle or issue of piracy.
Copyright covers the following:
- Literary works
- Musical works and lyrical work
- Dramatic works
- Pantomimes and choreography
- Sound recordings
- Motion pictures and audio-visual works
- Pictorial, graphics and sculpture work
- Architectural work
Copyrighted, But Shared Online – Girl Cum Example
Girl Cum is an adult entertainment project targeted at women’s audience. With multiple female orgasms in a single episode this production shows that it is actually possible for women to enjoy a porn set. How does it corresponds with copyright laws?
A lot of adult production are being shared on the web and it is extremely crucial for the copyright owners to protect their work. With example of Girl Cum you can be sure you are streaming the videos from the source and no copyrights are violated.
Available exclusively at the official video website of the project.
What Are The Individual Rights That Copyright Offers?
- Copyright allows individual to reciprocate their work and create copies
- Allow them to create a derivative work with the original work as reference
- Perform and display the work publicly: perform in case of musical, dramatic or choreographic work and display in case of literary, sculpture and pictorial representation.
- Right also applies to motion pictures and audio-visual creation
- It doesn’t protect the ideas, methods, procedure, concept, principles, discoveries related to the work
- It doesn’t protect work which is not in a written or recorded form
- Doesn’t extend its help to titles, names, slogans, etc.
How Is Copyright Produced?
It is not necessary to register with the copyright office to secure your work.
Copyright is automatically enabled when work is created in a written or recorded form.
But registration is highly recommended in cases
- involving the filing of an infringement suit in the court
- Registration develops evidence of the copyright claim
- Registration creates a validation if it is made before or within 5 years of publication
How To Maintain Copyright?
A copyright deposit account is created through the copyright office’s online registration system or via mail with requires an initial deposit of $450 or higher.
For Online Registration:
- You will need a user ID and password which can be obtained by going to the Copyright Office’s website and clicking on ‘Register a Copyright’. This then leads you to log in to eCO.
- Once you have the user ID and password and get the entry to their electronic registration portal, click on ‘Organisation/DA’ in the column situated on the left side of the page.
- Follow up on the instruction prompted which asks you to provide the information regarding the identification of an organization, create a deposit account and then authorise users to access your account.
- Upon completion contact the Copyright office to activate the deposit account.
Registration By Mail
- You will need to fill all the required details on the form and prepare an initial deposit of $450 or more
- This deposit amount is payable by cheque or money order to Register Of Copyrights.
- Mail the form and the money to the desired address of the copyright office.
- They will notify you about the establishment of the account in the name you specified on the form. They will even let you know the numbers assigned to your account.
- The US Copyright office secures and runs a system that entails the deposited amount of the individuals for the ease of frequent services.